To fuel the growth and close the funding gap of women-led companies.
From 2011–2013, women-led companies received only 2.7% of venture capital funding. The Refinery was founded in 2014 to help close this funding gap. Through two programs — Fueling the Growth pitch competition and the Winter Boost — top women-led tech companies are uncovered, accelerated, and scaled by an engaged community of peers, advisors, and investors.
In three years, The Refinery has achieved rapid and exciting results: 39 companies mentored by 90+ subject expert mentors, have raised $20 million+ in funds. More than 150 women-led tech companies have been uncovered through our pitch competitions. The Refinery has awarded $200,000+ in non-dilutive grants.
"Fueling for Growth Pitch Competition was a great way for women entrepreneurs to gain invaluable exposure to some of the top investors in the area. With the investor's undivided attention, you are able to have a candid conversation about your company and receive constructive feedback." Ashley Kalinauskas, Torigen
- highly individualized program
- value added mentors with industry specific and relevant experience matched to each participant's needs.
- engagement with early stage investors and highly experienced entrepreneurs.
- starting point for a longer term relationship; our mentorship does not end at the end of the formal twelve week period.
- we put the entrepreneur first!
"Through participating in Fueling the Growth with UberPITCH I feel empowered to grow Corrie Health into a successful and sustainable company that addresses the real medical economics issues of readmission and revolutionizes heart attack recovery to be safer, faster, and more effective." Francoise Marvel, Corrie Health
Why do we get results?
our drive, and the work we expect from each cohort.
teams are pushed to understand their customer, refine their business model, build their team, develop their financial outlook and clearly articulate their businesses value to customers, partners and investors.
at the end of the Refinery program, companies really know their business — and have a rock-solid foundation that will allow them to scale and grow.
"UberPitch was an incredible experience for my company. We pitched to investors, received tremendous press, and met incredible female CEOs from all over the country. We learned so much from the experience and highly recommend this event!"
Ellen Matloff, MyGeneCounsel
- Winter Boost Program
- three months
- interactive content/webinar sessions
- in-person group discussions
- structured mentor meetings
- end results include growth and funding strategy, milestones, and roadmap
- Fueling the Growth Pitch Competition
- Awards, Prizes
- One-on-One meetings with investors
- Uncover top women-led tech companies